Today’s first speaker was Ruthie Williams with Mary Kay Cosmetics in Golden, Colorado. Ruthie spoke today about the new Mary Kay Fall & Holiday Products! Ruthie passed out The Holiday brochures that she had available as they were not available to be mailed out and stated that if you would like to have one, please do take one. She then went on to discuss with us about the new products and the limited edition products that are new this fall.
• TimeWise® Vitamin C Activating Squares™ are a beauty-industry first: a breakthrough in technology that delivers pure vitamin C to your skin in a tiny, dissolvable square. This is an awesome product! Ruthie has been using this product and can see the difference on her skin since she has been using it. More radiant, even toned, fine lines & wrinkles look improved! There are 12 packets for a month’s use when used 3 times a week. The directions are simple place square in palm, add 4 – 5 drops of water and mix with any one of the following Mary Kay Serums: Night Solution, Tone Correcting Serum, TW Repair Lifting Serum, TW Pore Minimizer or Replenishing Serum +C (do not use with SPF or acne products).
• Limited-Edition Eye Brush Set – in a beautiful rose gold bag, just add a bow for a wonderful gift or to treat yourself! Set includes an eye blender brush, an angled eye crease brush and a wider eye color brush, all in a beautiful rose gold-tone bag.
• Limited-Edition So Cute Eau de Toilette – such an adorable bottle shaped like a bow tie! This makes a wonderful gift for that someone special! This fun and refreshing fragrance expresses your youthful side. Top notes: Juicy Pear, Sweet Almond Blossom, Italian Bergamot, Neroli – the Middle notes: Freesia, Pink Peony, Daisy, Cyclamen Bottom notes: Marshmallow, Cedarwood, Sandalwood
• Limited Edition Mary Kay Eyelash Curler with 2 additional refills! A must for the beauty maven! Use before applying your favorite Mary Kay® mascara for an eye-opening effect.
• NEW Mary Key Blending Sponge – This pro-style tool smooths color combinations to create an airbrush-like glow. Featuring an easy-to -grip ergonomic design and custom dual edges, it’s perfect for precision application and blending of liquid and cream foundations, concealers and more.
• Limited-Edition† Mary Kay® Eye Color Palette -Move from subtle to dramatic with these luxurious palettes. Available in Rosé Nudes and Simply Smoky
• Limited-Edition† Mary Kay® Lip Suede – These semi-matte shades are flattering on every woman. Available in Mulberry Muse and Rosé Blush
• Limited-Edition† Mary Kay® Nail Lacquer – Vivid tones in violet, pink and rose add impact to your fingers and toes. Available in Violet Silk, Mulberry Muse**, Rosé Blush** and Pink Escape
• Limited-Edition†† Mary Kay® Collection Bag, only $5 -This luxurious collection bag can be yours for $5 when you spend $55 suggested retail (excluding tax) on products in the collection
• NEW! Limited-Edition‡ MKMen® Dopp Kit Bag, only $5 – with the purchase of any men’s fragrance or MKMen® product.
• Mary Kay® True Dimensions™ Lipstick – Instantly drenches lips in moisture, this lipstick delivers pure, radiant color. It is infused with advanced skin care ingredients that smooths the appearance of fine lines and helps lips look fuller. Press the clear top to open this awesome lipstick! The True Dimensions™ lipstick come in 24 shades!
• Mary Kay® Translucent Loose Powder is translucent and sheer, it becomes every woman’s perfect shade. One universal powder eliminates the need for shade matching. This powder feels weightless, natural and velvety soft on skin all while controlling unwanted shine all day. It also provides a sheer, invisible finish on every skin tone to set foundation. This all-new formula contains light-scattering properties designed to help soften the appearance of imperfections for a skin-perfecting finish.
Ruthie told us a story about her granddaughter finally using the Clear Proof skin care set to help with her acne issues after Ruthie sent it as a gift. The family now purchases the product for her acne and blemish prone skin. It has worked wonders for her and can help those that have issues with acne or blemishes of all ages. Then Edna commented on how wonderful the Satin Lips Sugar Scrub works to keep her lips soft. It can be used every day or once a week, whenever your lips are feeling dry. It is a great product to bring your lips back from dry and chapped or to prevent them from being dry and chapped, to soft and supple. Use the Satin Lips Lip Balm and Sugar Scrub set together for fabulous lips!
Mary Kay has fantastic skin care and you won’t notice an improvement until you try it. If it is not just right for you, Ruthie can tweak it to be the perfect skin care regime for your skin! That is what she is here for! Ask Ruthie about skin care or custom color, etc today!
Ruthie Williams * Mary Kay Cosmetics * 303.916.3857 * RuthieWilliams@marykay.com * www.marykay.com/Ruthie Williams
The second speaker today was Dottie Johnson our massage therapist in Golden, Colorado Dottie was introduced to the age-old practice of Massage Therapy by a dear friend that gave her a gift certificate for a massage. Although it took her a year to use it, but when she finally did, Dottie realized that it helped her mentally, physically, and emotionally to handle everything in her life better. It brought less stress, moving easily, and the reduction of muscle tension seemed to make her feel and do better in every aspect of her life.
So, at the ripe old age of 44 Dottie signed up for Massage School. In that Dottie found the love of body work and all that it involves took hold of her and that’s what she’s studied and practiced ever since. It has added more meaning to her life.
Dottie took the rest of her time today to discuss the very important issue of Stability and Mobility in our lives.
The alternating pattern of mobility and stability is the baseline of mechanical function for the joints and a pivotal shift in how we view injury, pain, and dysfunction presentation. One of the most chronic issues we face in much of the western population is low-back pain. Where a large majority of us sit at desk all day, then race to the gym to pay the penance for a weekend filled bad food and drink choices, only to drive home and collapse in front of the TV.
Importance of Range of Motion brings to mind the chronically flexed hips or osteoarthritis in the hips. This creates cascading problems both above and below the hips and that most often presents as low back pain and eventually as knee pain.
Movement Education is very important to understand as the lumbar spine takes over movement patterns to compensate for the limited hip strength, the more immobile the hips become, then as the quadriceps try to support and stabilize the hips, knee pain results. Massage keeps the muscles functioning properly, reducing pain and strain and creating mobility in the hips. By keeping the stabilizing joints functional. The shoulder is the MOST mobile joint in the body, if the trunk is stiff and immobile (thoracic spine) the shoulder will eventually suffer a painful overuse injury or tendon/ligament pathology.
Helping people understand the important of movement and flexibility is one of the most meaningful parts of my role as a Massage Therapist. The overall reduction of stress is the healthiest way to live and what Dottie works to achieve with her clients. If you are looking for a Massage Therapist to reduce stress and help with the overall mobility of your body give Dottie Johnson a call!
Dottie Johnson * Massage Therapist * 303.229.7220