Our first speaker was Joan Brown, owner of JB Decorating and The Design Coach in Denver, Colorado. For Joan’s talk today, she wanted to cover why one should hire an Interior Designer.
1) Do you easy get overwhelmed by all the choices available in furniture, window coverings, paint or fabrics? When going into design center is it difficult for you to focus and find what really works in your space or find a style that fits your life?
2) Are you confused about how to start the new style make over that you are envisioning?
3) Are you getting ready to start a remodeling project and find you are having a hard time visualizing the room layout or the space plan?
4) Do you think you can’t afford to hire a designer to help you with a project?
A Professional Interior Designer Can Help By:
• Knowing the latest styles, designs and color trends
• How to work with your color scheme
• Familiar with the new products and the latest industry developments
• Save you money by staying within your budget and keeping the project on schedule
• Work with you to help coordinate colors and patterns for the project
• Knows reliable and dependable installers, fabricators and contractors
• Keeps you from making a costly mistake
How Joan Works With Her Customers:
• Compatibility with the client is important
• Experienced in the business many great referrals both in Denver and Winter Park
• Examples of the many projects Joan has completed
• Joan has and can get products samples for you to review and it won’t be out of budget
• Create original designs for client projects (this is Joan’s favorite)
• Joan has many money saving tips and can find discounts where you may not be able to
• Joan has access to showrooms that is not available to the public
If you are looking to start a project or remodel in your home and think you need help finding the right combination to fit in your home give Joan Brown a call and she will find all the right products for that place you call home within your budget!
Joan Brown * JB Decorating and The Design Coach * 303.399.6208 * email@example.com
Today’s second speaker was Dr. Becci Noren-Lewis owner of Always Gentle Chiropractic in Denver, Colorado. Dr. Becci spoke to us today about Text Neck Syndrome – yes that’s really a syndrome. When the head is brought forward and the neck bends, the weight of the cervical spine increases. Possible consequences of the anterior head position can be headaches, neck pain, muscle and nerve damage, early onset arthritis, spinal disc compression and herniation, decrease of the spinal curves, loss of lung volume capacity and even gastrointestinal problems. Our heads, in actuality weighs, between 8 to 12 pounds – however – the brain perceives the head’s weight as increasing by 10 pounds for each inch it migrates forward. 70% of neck or back pain begins with the normal daily repeated activities like using a computer or mobile devices. This can because a domino effect.
1) Your head moves forward and shifts the center of gravity
2) To compensate, the upper body drifts backwards
3) Secondarily the upper body shift causes the hips to tilt forward
So the forward head position can be the cause of not only head and neck problems, but also mid and low back problems. Proper posture is not only important in your daily activities but in your sleep as well. The best sleeping position is the most neutral – laying on your back, sleeping on your side is okay – no ideal – but okay. The worst two positions are in the fetal position – to much curve of the spine and on your stomach, is the absolute worst!
It is time to think differently about how you feel and stay healthy, a 7 year study showed that patient’s who primary physician was a Chiropractor experienced the following results:
1) 60% less hospital admissions
2) 59% less days in the hospital
3) 62% less outpatient surgeries
4) 85% less dollars out in pharmaceutical costs
Your spinal cord is the bodies information super highway from the brain to every function, organ and cell in the body. So it must be protected, any spinal misalignment can cause nerve pressure that can, over time, lead to nervous system dysfunction, illness and disease. Choose Chiropractic care!! Your health is a choice and a life with Subluxations (being out of alignment) or a life that is Subluxation free (in alignment) is your choice. If you are looking for a new chiropractor or just starting the journey into chiropractic care give Dr. Becci Noren-Lewis at Always Gentle Chiropractic a call!
Dr. Becci Noren-Lewis * Always Gentle Chiropractic * 303.984.1111 * firstname.lastname@example.org * www.alwaysgentlechiropractic.com