Today’s first speaker was one of our newest members Becky Shirey from Farmers Insurance in Golden, Colorado. The first thing that Becky discussed with us as she passed out a brochure from READYColorado was what would you grab if you only had a short period of time to get out of your house. In light of the tragedies in Joplin and now in Massachusetts – READYColorado has a Pack A Kit Checklist – this is a list of those items you will need to survive in case of a disaster. On this list they suggest having gallon water enough for each family member 1 gallon per person per day, food-such as high protein snacks ready to eat soup but most important is to select foods that don’t need refrigeration, preparation or can be cooked with little or no water. Some critical items that should be included are flashlights and batteries, first aid kit, any medications that you or a family member take, battery operated radio, pet supplies and vaccination records (for those four legged members), sanitary products like toilet paper and hygiene products, money (as atm machines and credit cards won’t work in a power outage) and contact information for family members. They also recommend tools – such as a hammer, can opener, pliers and knives, clothing include sturdy shoes and gloves and personal items like glasses or contact lens, keep you passport or birth records in an easily accessible place. One other item to keep in mind is that if a disaster happens during the day while you are separated from your family you should have a designated meeting place that you all know. If you want more information on READYColorado visit their website at readycolorado.com. Becky then went on to discuss her own agency and their commitment to service, she wants your personal tragedy not to become a financial tragedy for your family. In working with Becky and the Shirey Agency you are getting local agency for your auto, home and renters insurance. Your auto policy is structured like this:
- Liability – Bodily Injury/Property Damage – in Colorado the minimum set by the state is 25/50/15 and you can insure up to 250/500/100. Under Liability is also Uninsured Motorist Coverage with a state minimum of 25/50 – this is very important when you realize that 60% of drivers out there are uninsured.
- Material Damage – this falls under your Comprehensive/Collision depending on whether is was a natural disaster or man made damage.
- Deductibles – your deductible is the money out of pocket you will pay per incident – you can have a deductible as low as 100.00 or up to 750.00 – going with a higher deductible will save you around 20.00 every six months. This is an important item to discuss with your agent!
- Additional Coverage – some of the extras offered by Becky Shirey and Farmers Insurance are:a. Towing / Roadside Service – if you breakdown on the side of the road with this service all you do is call and the tow truck will come to you. Becky will put this on any single woman’s policy just for the safety factor!b. Car Rental vs Loss of Use – instead of car rental insurance a Loss of Use policy with Farmers pays you the money when you have lost the use of your car, so you can make the decision of how best to put that money to use.c. Glass Deductible Buy Back – for window replacement or chip repair.
- d. Uninsured Property Damage with Med Pay – with your deductible pays for medical treatment that your health insurance won’t cover due to the fault of an uninsured motorist.
The auto accident settlement average for the year of 2010 was 467,000 dollars – keeping in mind that when we are driving that 60% of those drivers out there do not have insurance and in today’s world uninsured motorist/property coverage is one of the most important parts of your policy.
Farmers Insurance also offers many discounts like the following:
- Early Shopper
- 2. Auto and Home
- 3. Transfer from another company
- 4. EFT
- 5. Affinity
- 6. Multi-car discount
- 7. Good Student for those with children still at home.
Keep Becky Shirey and the Shirey Agency in mind when looking for Auto/Home/Renters insurance – Becky will take all of your needs in mind and get you the best policy for your situation!
Becky Shirey * The Shirey Agency/Farmers Insurance * 720.273.8076 * email@example.com
Today’s second speaker was Angela Wilhelmi from NuSkin Galvanic Spa. The NuSkin Galvanic Spa is a hand held unit that you use in combination with NuSkin AgeLock gels to diminish lines and wrinkles. By using the Spa consistently you can revitalized your skin and keep that healthy looking skin you love, by removing the impurities and pushing the AgeLock Gels deeper into the pores. By using the NuSkin Galvanic Spa you will increase the effectiveness of your other skin treatments by 85% – allowing for better absorption and hydration. Angela talked to us about some of the other areas that the NuSkin Galvanic Spa can help with, such as stretch marks, fresh scars (by keeping the area soft until completely healed), varicose veins and cystic acne. The treatment for varicose veins is 5 minutes a day – 3 times a week with the body gel and body head attachment, and she reminds us one again that being consistent is the key! Angela showed pictures that showed the other areas that the NuSkin Galvanic Spa can help like the pregnancy pooch – the before and after are dramatic, another was the chin sag – the change was really noticeable and the infamous arm wings – several of the NuSkin team have done the one arm challenge, where they just Galvanic one arm and after 3 weeks take photos and the difference is amazing!! Good leads for Angela are those friends that are using Botox, which can be very expensive, or those with that have skin issues that have been chronic throughout their lives such as cystic acne, old scars or stretch marks. The Galvanic treatments have been available in Europe and exclusive spas in the United States at cost of between 90 to 200 dollars per treatment and since it requires multiple treatments a month – which makes it to expensive for many people. The NuSkin Galvanic Spa brings the cost down, so we can all experience the Galvanic benefits at home. If you want to try the half face demonstration yourself – give Angela Wilhelmi with NuSkin a call!
Angela Wilhelmi * NuSkin Galvanic Spa * 303.875.7440 * firstname.lastname@example.org