Today’s speaker was Edna Miklos from The Hair Place in Golden, CO. Edna’s talk today was about the services that The Hair Place offers. The Hair Place has been taking care of hair for 25 years in Golden Colorado. Services that The Hair Place offer are:
- Hair Cuts – they cut hair for men, women and children. At the salon the have multiple generations of a family from grandparents to grandchildren getting their first haircut.
- Colors, Foils, Weaves & Glosses – at The Hair Place they do all types of color from permanent to semi-permanent. They work with their client to design the color specific to their skin tone, natural hair color and desired end color. They also do men’s color using Redkens Camo Color, which is designed to blend the gray and wash out slowly so you don’t see a grow out line.
- Permanents – The Hair Place offers a full line of perms, from the body wave to tight curls to spiral curls on long hair. They take the time to determine if your hair can withstand the chemicals.
- Manicures & Pedicures – At The Hair Place the mani/pedi’s main concern is taking care of the nails and the condition of the nails, but they also keep in mind that care for your feet and hands is just as important. Along with these services you can also get a paraffin treatment for both your hands and feet to hold in and replenish the moisture.
- Facial Waxing – They offer facial and neck waxing only.
The stylists continue their education on the latest trends and styles by going to in town and out of town hair shows. The best hair show that they attend is the Redken Symposium; there they have 4 classes in two days. These classes can range from the current trends in hair to men’s cut, marketing your business, color correction, designing color, salon coordination and management. The Redken Symposium is strictly for knowledge; they teach the stylists techniques so they can Learn Better, Earn Better and Live Better. Each stylist at The Hair Place has an education fund that they contribute to so that the money is available for any educational opportunity they chose to attend. Locally the distributors in town offer hair shows in the fall and spring, Edna will be attending the one this October. The local shows give the stylists information and knowledge tempered with the end sales in mind. These local shows offer more classes in product knowledge for each of the different product lines and the stylist learn about new products coming out, techniques and the new regulations that have come out during the year. Each fall DORA (Department of Regulatory Agency) has education on any new sanitation or changes in the licensing for the salon industry and the stylists at The Hair Place make sure that one of them attends these opportunities to make sure that they are current with all state compliances.
At the Hair Place they have all the current hairstyling books with the trendiest hairstyles, cuts and colors. However when coming in for a cut bringing pictures will help your stylist to understand the type of style you are looking for. This will help your stylist consult with you about the style and its maintenance and time to style the new cut. This may determine if you want the cut and your stylist will be able to direct to a cut that will stay within your time and maintenance limitations. If you are looking for a change in your hair – keep Edna Miklos and The Hair Place in mind, where “Your hair is Your Most Important Accessory”!
Edna Miklos * The Hair Place * 303.233.4764