Today’s first speaker was Edna Miklos of The Hair Place in Golden, Colorado. She has owned The Hair Place for 32 years now and has been doing hair for 41 years and at her salon they believe that “Your hair is your most important accessory”. The Hair Place has three stylists to take care of any of your hair care needs. Including Foils, Weaves, Glosses, Full Colors, Texterizers, Haircuts for men, women and children, Manicures, Pedicures and Facial Waxing.
Edna talked to us today about the many hair troubles and how to correct them.
Problem 1 – Lack Luster Locks – you have no shine:
Solution: This situation is caused by the cuticle or outer layer of hair is not laying flat or has a rough surface which does not reflect the light that makes your hair shine. There are a couple ways to solve this problem the first is to use a moisturizing conditioner or a protein treatment that will help seal the cuticle layer – make sure that you are using a moisturizing product designed for your hair type. The other method that will help the cuticle is a semi-permanent or a gloss, either with a color tone or clear to add luster, shine and some body to your hair. At The Hair Place, they use Redken Shades EQ for their glosses, calling it a color that thinks it’s a conditioner. Redken Shades EQ is the best on the market and can be used as a one-time treatment or as a regular color applied every four to six weeks.
Problem 2 – Thin Fine Hair, a common problem for both men and women.
Solution: Is to use a hair care regimen designed for fine, thinning hair. The Hair Place recommends the Nioxen line, using this three-step process will help with further hair loss and will help keep the scalp in optimal condition for hair growth. The Nioxen Starter Kit has all three steps in one package and costs 45.00 which is much cheaper that Ovation, which can only be purchased online for 85.00. The second option when managing fine hair will be either getting some color put in or texturize your hair. The color option will give your hair more volume because the color roughs up the cuticle layer of your hair. When going with the chemical option on your hair remember to use reconstructors to maintain the integrity of your hair.
Problem 3 – Dry Damaged Hair, for those that enjoy the outdoors like golfing, hiking or bike riding.
Solution: To eliminate as much of the over abuse, such as hair dryers, curling irons and flat irons, as you can. Use products that are designed to protect your hair when using these tools, Redken has many products designed this way and will help it hold the style. Her second recommendation for the treatment of dry or chemically damaged hair was the use of reconditioners or protein based treatments. These items will help replace the protein lost through chemical treatments and restore the moisture balance to your hair.
At The Hair Place they recommend and use three product lines – Nioxin, Redken and Tri Hair Care, they have found that keeping your hair in good condition by using good products makes their job easier. Letting you enjoy your hair and style with ease. So, if you are looking for a stylist that really cares about your hair keep Edna Miklos and The Hair Place in mind!!
Edna Miklos * The Hair Place * 303.233.4764 * www.thehairplaceapplewood.com
Our second speaker was Dr. Becci Noren-Lewis of Always Gentle Chiropractic in Denver, Colorado. Dr. Becci wanted to finish her talk from last time and finish her discussion about the 10 Things Most People Don’t Know About Chiropractic Care.
A quick review:
1. Pain is the last symptom of dysfunction.
2. Athletes use chiropractors to stay healthy.
3. The body does not perform as a cluster of separate mechanisms, but rather a cascade of events.
4. Doctors don’t do the healing.
5. Chiropractic is for all ages.
Now on to the last five:
6. Chiropractors know about more than your backbone – this surprises many people, many don’t know that they give advice on nutrition, fitness, ergonomics, and lifestyle. Chiropractors screen for other conditions unrelated t the musculoskeletal system and will refer out to other practitioners when necessary.
7. Successful chiropractic patients accept responsibility – when someone says they have tried chiropractic and it didn’t help, Dr. Becci cringes and has the feeling that they missed the boat. In most cases, one doesn’t acquire back pain overnight and it is not going to go away overnight. If it comes from a weak core – through years of sitting at a desk an adjustment will provide relief, but once the condition is no longer exacerbated, she would prescribe some exercises for the patient to do at home. If this plan is not followed the pain will come back.
8. Chiropractic may help you get sick less – studies have indicated the adjustments consistently reduce the production of pro-inflammatory mediators associated with tissue damage and pain. Chiropractic may also enhance the production of immunoregulatory complexes important for a healthy immune system.
9. “I heard I’ll have to go forever” is a myth – although you may want to go forever once you’ve started because you didn’t realize how great getting adjusted is. Patients generally come in to help with a specific issue and then will be scheduled for a few more appointments to make sure proper motion is maintained. It will be recommended that one comes is occasionally for a check-up just like your visits to your dentist.
10. Adjustments don’t hurt. Especially with the activator method – the Activator Method Technique is a specialized adjusting technique that is specific and gentle. The chiropractor uses a hand held adjusting instrument that delivers a controlled, light and fast thrust without undue strain to the patient.
If you are in need of a chiropractor that will design a plan that will make you feel better and can work with you for a better life, give Dr. Becci Noren-Lewis and Always Gentle Chiropractic a call!
Dr. Becci Noren-Lewis * Always Gentle Chiropractic * 303.984.1111 * firstname.lastname@example.org * www.alwaysgentlechiropractic.com